The practice aims to meet the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR], the guidelines on the Information Commissioner’s website as well as our professional guidelines and requirements.
This Policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us or write to us.
We obtain your personal details when you enquire about our care and service, when you join the practice, when you subscribe to our newsletter or register online, when you complete a registration or medical history form and when another practitioner refers you for treatment at our practice. Occasionally patients are referred to us from other official sources such as NHS clinics or hospitals.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you expect from your practice, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To transfer or share sensitive patient data with other registered dental or medical professionals
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for research reasons
Your individual rights
You have the following personal data rights:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access – to have a free copy of your data that we have
- The right to rectification – to correct the data we have if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to deletion of your personal data (clinical records must be retained for a certain time period)
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability – to have your data transferred to someone else
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Our contact forms
We use your data from forms to help identify services best suited for you. We may only contact you with relation to that query unless further consent is given.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please call the practice and speak to our Data Controller or Data Protection Officer.